Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Sandwich Maker 1: Mexican Technology

Preface:

The stories from this series are based on actual sex events that happened to me while working at Subway.

Chapter 1:

It was at Subway that I first noticed this thing that I now know is called "Mexican Technology." During my first week at work, I discovered my Mexican coworkers could do...things. Things that to this day, I still only dream of doing.

These...things. They seem like simple enough things. Cleaning the bathroom, restocking the chips, sweeping, moping. It is not the tasks themselves that amaze me so. It's the way these tasks are accomplished.I can't quite explain it. It seems as though the techniques would be easy enough to imitate, but they're not. These ordinary household chores are completed with such speed and violence I am sure the very depths of the underworld are shaken by their sweeping.

Take restocking chips for example. I started by carefully pulling each box of chips off the shelf and carrying it over to the chip rack. My Mexican co-worker stopped me, and then ripped all twelve boxes off of the shelf and hurled them in a stack on the floor. She then proceeded to kick this pile of boxes clear over to the chip rack.

The next day, I decided I had better at least try to do it the proper way so as not to have to be repeatedly corrected.

4 comments:

Maraj said...

Actual sex events?...

Kelsey said...

I'm guessing that David got here before we did.

Matthew: More examples plz!

Cavalcadeofcats said...

David totally got there before you did. He posted this, as it had been sitting in drafts for some time.

Fisherdude said...

lol, this is racist, sexist, and religonist (if that's even a term) all at the same time. Congrats!

Nice job though, it seems that working at subway is interesting