Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Sky

I soared and swooped, delighting in the newfound freedom of my iron wings. It was exhilarating; invigorating. Children pointed and laughed in glee as I shot past overhead. Dying men saw me shoot by, and went to their end with a smile on their faces. I was - I am - a balm to the suffering, sunlight for the shadowed, a new hope for all!

Before they began the surgery, the doctors warned me of the dangers of the procedure. They said that there might be some temporary side-effects - euphoria, overconfidence, megalomania. Hah! I circle upwards around an office building, shocking office workers out of their dull complacency. Hah again! If only they could see me now! This is the future. Not just for me, but for everyone. And they carped of side effects and untested treatments!

Hah!

3 comments:

Kelsey Higham said...

Iron sucks as wing material.

Cavalcadeofcats said...

It's metaphor. It was probably aluminium, or titanium, or carbon-fiber. You know how these things work.

D McGhie said...

...yeah...