Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pride and Prejudice in Engrish

According to Google Translate (Chinese):
Original Version for reference: http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext98/pandp12.txt
________________________

This is a truth universally acknowledged that a person in possession of wealth, must be a wife.

However little known the feelings or views, Such a man may be the first time he has entered a neighborhood, the truth is so hyperactive mind around the family, He is considered to be a legitimate part of the property, or their other daughter.

"Dear Mr. Bennett said : "his wife of one day, he" heard you netherfield Park, he was last year?"

Mr. Bennett replied that he did not.

"But this is," she came back; "Wu has just here. She told me everything. "

Mr. Bennett replied in the negative.

"You do not want to know who it?" cried an emergency wife Tolerance. "you to tell me, and I do not disagree, but the hearings would" This invitation is not enough.

"So, my dear, you must know, Tan said it netherfield is a wealth of young men from the north of England; mondayinachaise down on him and four to see the place, and so glad, He agreed that Morris immediately; He is to take over before the diplomatic corps, and some of his civil servants to be in the home end of next week. "

" What is the name? "

"bingley"

"He is married or unmarried?"

"Oh single, dear, it is true! Single men of wealth; 2004 or 5000. What is a good thing, for our girl! "" how do? how is it affecting them? "

" Dear Mr. Bennett answered : "His wife," you how so boring! You have to know that my thoughts, he married one of them. "

"This is the design, to settle here?"

"Design! Nonsense, how do you say! However, He is likely to may love with a person, so you have to visit him, Once he comes. "

" I see no chance. you and the girls may go, or you can give them this might be better, because you are handsome anyone, Zhang bingley you might like the best party. "

"Dear, You look at me. I certainly share the beauty have friends but I do not see any anomalies. When a woman has five grown up into the daughter, she should have the mentality to the past, her moving. "

" Under these circumstances, women are often very beautiful, To "

" But, my dear, You really must go and see Mr. bingley when he entered this neighborhood "and" it than I do, I assure you! "

"But considering your daughter. Just think what it will be the establishment of one of them. William and his wife were determined to go to the Lucas , the only accounts for the general, you know they visit no newcomers. In fact, you have to go, It is impossible us to visit him, if you do not. "

" You are too cautious, sure. I dare say Mr. bingley be very happy to see you; I will send you a few words to him that I wholeheartedly agree with him later he chose to marry the girls; Although I must put in a good word I seldom lizzy. "

2 comments: