Thursday, May 24, 2007

Awakening, Part I

Who am I?

Where am I?

Calm down. First things first.

I don't know who I am. I don't know where I am. I can't seem to see anything, I can't hear anything, I don't remember anything... calm down. Calm down!

All right. The last thing I remember was... my house. Yes. I was in my house... writing... something. Then it all went white.

I can't see or hear anything. Can I feel something? Yes. I can feel my clothes. I'm wearing... a shirt, underwear, socks... no shoes... something else? Yes. Something's covering me... my arms feel (I can move my arms?) a robe. I push it off.

All right. I'm starting to feel better. I stand up. It's dark in here, wherever I am. The air is cold. There's nearly no light. I can't tell where the light's coming from. I pace the walls: twenty feet to a side. There's a door, but it's locked. No handle.

I'm locked in a dark room, in unfamiliar clothes, with no memory of what's happened to me and no way to know how long it's been since my family or my friends or - or my girlfriend have seen me.

I need a plan.

Author's Note: To the impatient: Patience.