Saturday, March 17, 2007

SuperLeague!

On Friday, I was considering the super-powers various members of the League might possess - if, by some mechanism, they possessed super-powers - based on their respective characters. A few are sketched below.

Kelsey: The Canadian Gladiator, renowned for the feats of strength and skill he performs with his trusty throwing hat. Kelsey is the most diplomatic of the SuperLeague of Desmond, often persuading a lesser foe to surrender rather than be destroyed.

Matthew: The Mormon Titan, able to swing himself around by his jeans' loops (similar to picking yourself up by the bootstraps) to do crushing damage to foes and obstacles, or launch himself across great distances.

Devin: Empowered by his inheritance of the legendary sword, Durandal, Devin is The Hero of Isselunde, slaying monsters with superhuman strength and shielding himself from injury with armour and shield - which he does not use if his enemy can be killed without them.

Then there are David and I, who are special cases; not really heroes, as such.

David: The Chronicler, David appears at crucial intervals to offer crypic advice, often speaking in a language of his own invention that consists of subtly differing intonations and frequencies of the word 'pesis.' When cornered, he disappears in a puff of smoke.

Nick: The Rat-King/Galgamoth, I am the arch-nemesis of the SuperLeague of Desmond, especially of Devin, my enemy since times of old. I have the power to warp my shape, call upon the Kingdom of Rats as the Rat-King, summon demonic power as Galgamoth, and perform differential calculus. I have been captured and imprisoned several times, but each time escape through the aid of my trusty rat-subjects.

I don't think I'd actually write any stories about this, but the notion amuses me. I'm much more pleased with David's current role than the one I'd originally placed him in.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You hit the nail (You know what that looks like?) on the head (Of what?) with David's.

D McGhie said...

That puts things into an interesting light.