Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Leagueparty!

This Friday, March the Ninth of the Year of Our Lord (who was crucified for our sins) Two-Thousand and Seven, I will host another League party/get-together/whatever at my house. Dudes will come over afterschool (after 6th period? after 7th? What's more convinient) and we'll do cool stuff on the Wii and the new LCD TV and stuff. There will be SSBM, because some people do not realize that SSBM has long outstayed its welcome in my heart. It is as inevitable as the rising of the sun.

Refreshments (some chips and soda) will be provided, but if someone finds it within themselves to bring over some donuts or somesuch, the gesture would not go amiss. Controllers (for Wii or Gamecube) would come in handy, as we have only 2 and 3 respectively; also, as there always seems to be some sort of DS thing goin' on, bringing a DS and optionally some multiplayer DS game is recommended for anyone who want to experience the full party experience.
Under no circumstances is David to bring any food products or, indeed, anything saving Gamecube controllers and a DS. There will be no more eel in my house.

Um. So, I guess that's it. RSVP! Ask for transportation! Ask for my address! (I'm the house on the corner, right behind the Longs on Steven's Creek - don't want to post my address here for fear of it being compromised.) Tell me I forgot something important, or that this isn't about the League of Desmond at all, or that I'm a losser!

I welcome reader feedback.

EDIT: Miscellaneous factual errors amended, proposed time changed to Saturday, mid-late afternoon, because (1) there are swim meets on Friday and (2) I'm taking the SAT then. So, yeah. Can't do things Saturday morning, because I'm going to Video Games Live then. Would Sunday work? Talk to me.

EDIT TWO: Current proposed date: this Friday, after 7:00. If dudes are okay with being out at night that could be cool. Comment!

EDIT THREE: I got confused, Friday can be ruled out. That leaves Saturday afternoon or Sunday as possibilities. I'll talk to you chaps in person and sort it out.

EDIT FOUR: It is decided. Sunday, 1:00 PM.
Guest List: David, Kelsey, Stephen, Roland (?), and myself.
Do not fail me! The consequences will be dire.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Victoly! I finally got around to reading the contents of the blog. I must admit that the only parts I found particularily compelling were David's renditions of the Kronikkles; historical fiction bores me when there is not enough fiction involved, and I already have a significant number of webcomics I want to read through before starting any new ones. I think instead of posting on some form of schedule, we should simply post whenever we find something awesomenifty from which all members of the League would benefit. For example, one or two favorite webcomics ever, and either cross-platform or highly entertaining software. Biweekly webcomic postings would probably fit better on a personal blog. It's not that they're a bad idea, just not useful to at least two of us and somewhat unleaguey.

D McGhie said...

David's renditions are more direct humour. I find Nick's subtle, even sublime humour to be fulfilling.

Kelsey said...

I'll try rereading them next time I'm less tired.