Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mac Games: Single-Player

I've been asked a number of times to empty my bag of apps onto the proverbial center of the table, so here's that thing-thing. This will be done in parts because finding the links to all these things is easy, but it takes a while. The first section is... games! Of the single-player variety! All games are Mac OS X-only freeware unless additional OSes are otherwise specified. A note on quality control: Not all of these are guaranteed to be excessively fun, but I left them on my hard drive because they took little space.

3D Asteroids (Win)
Adventure
AquaBreakout
Argonaut - 2149
Bubble Pop
Chemical Bonds
CocoaMadRace
DCSquares (Win/Lin)
Foobillard (Win/Lin)
Frenetic
Game of Life
Hot Spot X
MacSwear (Win/Lin*)
MegaPixel (Win)
Neko Type-R
Solitaire XL
Tilt Mania
X-Moto (Win/Lin)

*Must be compiled from source or some other Linuxy thing. Click Discussion Thread for more info.

3 comments:

Cavalcadeofcats said...

Duude!

That's awesome!

I love you, man. I love you.

Continue post-haste!

Cavalcadeofcats said...

Megapixel is totally rad, man!

I suppose it's better with a mouse than with a MacBookPadThing. Still cool.

D McGhie said...

A good game (might be only mac, might not) would be Crystal Caliburn.
It is quite of the fun.