Saturday, December 08, 2007

Wisdom of the Guru

A man walked into a darkened bedroom. Before him sat the great Guru, surrounded by his loyal disciples.

The petitioner went to his knees. "Please, great guru, I desire your wisdom. I have a great trouble." The petitioner froze. "What? Great Guru, I do not understand. What are you talking about?"

Confused and ashamed, the petitioner rose to his feet. "Sir! I must protest at your treatment of me! If you will continue to abuse me in this manner, then I will leave! Do you have any reason that I should stay?"
He sighed. "Yes. Yes, it's true. Truly you are a great guru, to see this so clearly, despite my reluctance to confess it. But what can you do to help?"

He took a bite. His face lit up. "Why, this is wonderful!" he exclaimed. "I've never tasted the like! Why, I'm quite certain it's done the trick!"

Bowing to the guru repeatedly, he walked out of the room backwards, all the time bowing repeatedly to the guru.

Once he had left, one of the guru's disciples turned to him. "Why did you do that, O Master?" he asked. "Not only providing him with the precious ngau-ngau fruit, but giving him such wise advice, to boot! It is generosity beyond reason!"

And that was the end of that.

2 comments:

D McGhie said...

I like it.

Kelsey said...

It all makes a great deal of sense.