Tuesday, August 28, 2007

SAVE THE BLAG DAY 1: On Computer Class

Java is a strange thing. It claims to be a “language” and it is for the computer, and its entirely bizarre syntax, especially to people new to programming (as I imagine most of the class is) can be very confusing. Yet in the two days that we have been in the class, we have done some very strange things. Many problems arise from my having a Mac, largely incompatible with the standard PC curriculum. In fact, I had to look around and play with it for quite some time before I made any actual progress. Another aspect of the class is the people in it. Particularly the womons. Anyway, it has been quite an exciting adventure. There's nothing quite like the feeling of getting a program to finally run like you want it.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yaaaaaay! I should get JCreator working on Darwine.