Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Next Movie

The Dance of the Wood-Elves

A Play in Three Acts

By Nicholas Feinberg


Act I

Scene I

ENTER WOOD ELF 1 and WOOD ELF 2, clothed

1: Here, here! It is a good day to go to some travellers and perform some "good deeds" upon them!
2: Yes, but first we shall have a "tea time"
(they prance around the forest and have a jolly old time)

Scene II

(Desmond watches the scene through a small hole in the brush)
Desmond: Yes I enjoyed watching that very much.


Act II

Scene I

ENTER Desmond and Matthias, clothed

Desmond: Oh, woe, woe! I have seen the wood elves and now it would be impossible for me to exist further without taking one as my wife, oh woe!
Matthias: Sir, you are a strange one, and yea, yet I shall assist you on your endeavours, and yea, perchance, you shall succeed and be frutiful.
Desmond: Yea, you are a good man, and I shall reward you with many scrappings from the heap.
Matthias: I shall not consume your scrappings, I am a dignified man.

Scene II

Desmond and Matthias approach THE WOOD, where the wood-elves reside.

Desmond: Look, good sir! Cast your eye upon them! They are not of this world, indeed!
Matthias: Yea, Indeed, I do see what you mean, and they are indeed magnificent, and beautaceous.
Desmond: (calls out) Oh! please! hear me! I am a friend and I come to seek your company! Please join me on a quest, for I shall need your powers of great magic and über smexines
WOOD ELF: Yea, It be true, and sir, I shall give you my daughter’s hand in marraige, if you shall slay the dragon that doth bother usse.
Desmond: I shall do it!
(slays dragon)


Act III

Scene I

ENTER DESMOND and WOOD-ELF
Desmond: Yea, the time is right, we shall now retire to the bedchambre.


THE END

2 comments:

Cavalcadeofcats said...

To clarify, Nicholas Feinberg is David's new 'pen name.'

He's a little odd sometimes.

D McGhie said...

Really, I didn't know that, ESPECIALLY WITH THIS STORY. Sorry, I got a little passionate there.