Saturday, July 21, 2007

Musical Outline

While listening to a particularly boring and repetitive lecture on CalTech's student life, a thought occurred to me - a musical! A mathematical musical! Swiftly, as the muse was upon me, I wrote and hummed and wrote. Alas, for the moment, my draft is vanished, lost from sight, but here is the outline, from memory.

Mathematics versus Mormonics - an epic musical in four songs and four scenes.

Scene/Song 1: Mathematics: Madness or Magnificence?
2: A Soul in Peril: Timmeraque vs. Moroni
3: I Threw Down my Enemy, and Smote His Ruin - Perhaps!
4: Reconciliation; or Even A Mormon (Mollusk?) Can Do It

Hot drinks are at the heart of the play, and David cameos frequently. The intended running time is <10 minutes.

The main problem with the whole affair is that I am not really a singer or a songwriter, and, as such, I'm not certain if the songs I write are really singable. (Though that's not a word.) So, when I recover my notes, I shall certainly have to consult among you to determine how exactly matters shall proceed, and notes shall be written.

I think that's all for the moment.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Sounds intriguing! I might be able to maybe squeeze out a melody or two, but I don't know who would actually be able to play and/or sing it.

So it's a musical with visuals as well, or just music?

Cavalcadeofcats said...

It would be like the Chronicles Movie, except with more songs. And less talking. And swordfighting. Less of all of those.