Thursday, September 27, 2007

Firebats

This is the problem with trees. It's hard enough to get into them, what with the spikes and all. But once you wedge them aside and start climbing - assuming you've kept your gloves intact, of course - the firebats start coming at you!

Look. I'm no wimp. I can deal with a bit of fire, here and there. Heck, I once stuck my hand into a campfire - just to find out what it felt like! (The verdict? Hot.) But firebats are nasty. They come at you, quick as lightning, and if you're not just as quick you're down and rolling and you've lost all the progress you made.

Plus, you're on fire.

And probably covered in painful stone spikes.

So how do I deal with firebats? Simple. I don't. Every time I'm going for a tree these days, I bring some friends, and have them stand nearby and -

What? Shoot the firebats? Then you'd have tumbling balls of fire coming at you - impossible to dodge! No. That'd only make things worse.

What my friends do is lure in the bears.

5 comments:

Kelsey Higham said...

smexy

Kelsey said...

Inspired by that absurdist literature your class gets to read?

Cavalcadeofcats said...

Not consciously!

Fisherdude said...

are these metroid firebats or starcraft firebats? If metroid, just run backwards to avoid the kamikazy, if starcraft, call in an airstrike... Duh

Cavalcadeofcats said...

They're Zelda firebats! But I had both of those in mind too (though the Metroid ones are Shriekbats, technically). Fair question.