Monday, March 09, 2009

Plans (for Apparel)

Those of you who know me may be aware that I once wore a fedora about town; a lovely little item, purchased on a whim at an REI (it was on clearance!), which I wore steadily until it vanished into the cavernous depths of our home. It has been nearly a year since I have seen it; so perhaps it is time to seek a replacement.

But why just that?

Why not more?

Any gentleman knows that the fedora does not go alone. Indeed, any person who attempted such a dreadful violation of common sense would be arrested for public indecency! Many clothes have a natural complement: the T-Shirt goes with the Shorts, the Slacks go with the Buttoned Shirt, etc, etc, ad infinitum. So then: what is the fedora's natural complement? The answer is intuitively obvious: it is the trenchcoat.

But that is not the end of it. Now let us imagine me: bold Nikolas, beardedly standing atop a high hill. His hat is in hand, his trenchcoat flutters in a stiff breeze. Surely he strikes a noble figure, even more than he does now; but there must be something more. Something is missing. "What is it?" you cry in desperation. "Tell me, tell me; I cannot bear my ignorance for even one moment longer!"

Generously, I permit your enlightenment:

I must also have sunglasses.

"Shades," if you will.

For on this subject - the manner of my new dress code, which I shall adhere to forwith, and which shall bring unbounded joy to me in every respect, I may only say this:

My future looks bright!

(The preceding link is very strange. Be warned. But do not shy away.)

2 comments:

Buffy said...

Hey, that is MY song!

Cavalcadeofcats said...

Erm.

Who knew?