Thursday, June 26, 2008

For the Futherance of the League

We're splitting up. Some of us have already left; the honorable McGhie, for example, or our auxiliaries Mr. Ure and Mr. Dalton. They're gone! We of the CHS League-ites hardly contact our separated brethren any-more.

And now the same may happen to all of us. Mr. Zhang is off to Dartmouth in a matter of months (presently in Japan); Mr. Fischer and Mr. Phung are going somewhere, I think, though I don't properly recall where. I myself am traveling into the distant and exotic South; that is, UCSD. Mr. Higham will likely stay in Cupertino; but that makes him the only one of us that will, to the best of my knowledge. We will be separated, each man from the next; and should we follow the same behavior we have before, our League shall fall to dust and ashes, a thing of memory only.

This is not a desirable outcome!

Therefore, it is my suggestion that we find some tool for unity, to bring us together as we found ourselves so readily in the height of the League, when each of us attended CHS. My thought here: some web-game, communal project or entertainment (or both), to be entered into by all of us, and provide us with a common context for communication, and a frequent reminder to do so.

I can't think of a good option off-hand. The MMO is the obvious thought - something like Maple 'Quest', for instance? - but I am not the biggest fan of the "grind". I might enjoy some PBEM diversion, a Civ game, for instance, or maybe chess; but I think I may be alone in that.

Let us discuss the matter by e-mail - that our sacred union shall persist evermore.

Ho!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis is cool]

Harwe said...

Curse this language, it took me 1 extra minute to find the post comment button.... Anyway, I am going to not suggest Maple "Quest" because of the multiple characters per account. I am very sure that I will not dedicate myself to one character in order to only chat around.

I personally suggest.... mm I have nothing to suggest...... only stay on the same chat account and the group/blog stays update? but otherwise use social sites like the notorious Facebook.