Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sju & åtta

NIKOLAS:
A PLAY IN THREE ACTS.

DRAMATIS PERSONÆ

NIKOLAS, a merchante from lyon, France.
NIKOLAS Jr., his ſonne.

ACTUS PRIMUS

SCŒNA PRIMA
N. Boy I bid thee goode Nighte and God reſte thy ſoule.
N. Thank you Sir you are kindlie and goode for your Compaſsions.
N. Then Anon we ſhall reſt in the darkneſs.
Exeunt.

SCŒNA SECONDA
N. Sir haue you had a weel Nights ſleep.
N. Yea, I dreamt of a great fire-bird and a dragounn.
N. Boy your chantillys are becoming the nerues of the Rhine's bankes.
N. You are quite correct Sir.
Enter the Ghoſt
Gh. Thou art the one of which is ſpeakt in towne halle art thou not.
N. Yea, it beeth true.
Gh. Then off be thy head and to the choppers.
N. May God reſte your ſoul.
Exeunt.

ACTUS SECONDUS

SCŒNA PRIMA
Enter the Ghoſt and NIKOLAS.
N. Sir I muſt proteſt this rouch action it is quite degrading to my dignitie.
Gh. Then off beeth ye head ſwine.
They fight.
Gho
ſt mourtally wounded.
Gh. I haue been a good Chriſtian.
Dies.
N. I haue clain the ghoſt.
Dies.

SCŒNA TERTIA
Exeunt.

ACTUS TERTIUS

SCŒNA PRIMA
N. O woe O woe my ſhild he is ſlaint.
In a fit.
N. May god reſt his ſoul.
Dies.
Enter the Squire.
Sq. O woe O woe my lord he is dead.
Dies.
Enter the Page.
Pa. O woe O woe the ſquire he is dead.
Dies.
Enter the Nikolas, Ghoſt.
N. May God reſt his ſoul.
Dies.

FIN.

2 comments:

Cavalcadeofcats said...

A higher casualty count than Hamlet! (Percentage-wise.) Also, I'm impressed that even the ghosts died.

Kelsey said...

I actuallol'd! And cried. And ſighed, in melancholy.