Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Indie Games

Some things which caught my interest in recent times - and may amuse you!

Ancients' Tome
: A curious little game - very innovative in its menu and gameplay. I don't want to say too much - figuring it out was a lot of the fun for me. A few levels in, lack of control gave me annoyed me too much for me to continue, but I recommend giving it a quick shot nonetheless.

Armored Brigade: This is a sort-of-simple RTS - you select troops as either the US or the USSR, then try to take/hold objectives. It's pretty crude graphically but if you like tanks shooting things and don't mind doing a little tactical thinking then you may find this worth a shot. There's no base building or resource collection or other such silliness - it's clearly related to the old hex-based wargames, especially clear in the view when you zoom out.

Shotgun Ninja
: A platformer in the very old mold. Visually ancient, insanely hard, but quite amusing! To... me. And maybe you.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I may post a few more when I get home.

No comments: